SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of making the website visible or to rank the site on the top position of search engines in order to get traffic from free organic search results. Sites can be ranked and banked only when it has good SEO (Search Engine Optimization). There’s a popular saying if there was ever an industry that was little understood by outsiders it is SEO. A website without SEO is like a car with no gas.
As you can see nowadays different people from different countries are learning SEO and among one of those, from Nepal, I’ve been learning SEO as well to be the SEO expert in Nepal.
Why is SEO important?
SEO is important to help your business site grow and meet the business objective also it helps the engines figure out what each page is about, and how it can be useful to users. Let’s say for an example, “you have online shopping site of shoes and all you need is to be selling the products or services to your customer or a visitor. If there isn’t any visitor in your online shopping site then you’ll have no chances of selling from your site so, all you need is SEO drive traffics to your site which helps to convert your visitors into your costumer and get your product sell”.
So as you can see while some entrepreneurs are using paid searches, they are not the best way to bump up your marketing, and they are way more expensive. SEO may take few months to jump your website to the top, but it is definitely the route to go.
SEO expert in Nepal
SEO helps people find products business site and information on a search engine like Google and Bing. The person who researches and analyzes the trends and the best practices online to develop and implement strategies that improve search results are known as SEO expert or SEO specialists. Experts ensure their site appears early in the search engine, also their overall goal is to increase the level of traffic to a website by using keywords and keyword topics to improve the user experience and meet search engine guidelines.
A search engine, however, is always changing and the expert have to keep up also they have to be well-versed in numerous evaluation tools like Google Analytics and Moz’s Open Site Explorer in order to create a through action plan. Likewise, they also have to continually research the latest search engine updates of core ranking algorithms, plus understand how those changes will impact their clients. But being SEO expert is not an easy game.
There are quite a lot of SEO expert in Nepal as well as company providing seo services. People used to ignore the SEO services in Nepal before but when the people are familiar about the SEO nowadays we can find a lot of people doing SEO because there is some market for SEO in Nepal. Even nowadays we can find some SEO union or groups on social media sharing some ideas of their own.
Identifying the right SEO consultant in Nepal
Before starting with the topic, it is important to keep in mind that proper search optimization takes time.
“Lets begin with the Topic”
SEO expert in Nepal must be able to give some examples to their client’s that how they’ve helped some other websites increase their rankings and visibility. Also, they have to show how those optimizations changed each client’s overall business. Most of the experts are willing to perform a site audit before giving a price quote which helps determine the amount of work required to reach the client’s overall goals.
As I have already said in the beginning, SEO takes time. You should not expect extreme results in a short period of time because that is not how the search engines works. Most of it will take a minimum of 3 months to see changes in organic search results, while the competitive will take six months or more.
Beware of the gurus claiming that they will rank your site in NO time! Because that will never happen. Ranking your website takes time and it takes some serious attention to the guidelines provided by Google. Going to the top of the results won’t happen overnight!
I hope I made some clear points on how to choose the right SEO expert for your business. Using techniques that are against the rules of Search engines can put your website into deep trouble and your website may get penalized for it! And all of your work will go in vain.
A SEO consultant must not just sure you are ranking better in search engine but also guide you on how to help your visitors have a better experience when they visit your website. Never underestimate the importance of user interface. Always include it in your SEO plan.
SEO itself is vast and never ending process. It includes day to day work and effort. If you stop working, you will lose ranking.
Below are the some terms about SEO that you must understand and I hope it will help you get some basic knowledge about SEO.
Keyword research is when people use keywords to find and research actual search terms that people enter into search engines. It is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field. Ranking for the right keywords can make or break your website. The knowledge about actual search terms can help inform content strategy or overall marketing strategy. Keyword research is the main part of the SEO. Keywords are like compass for your SEO projects which helps to navigate whether or not you’re making progress. It is the first step to do. The SEO projects without keywords, I think we cannot even imagine doing SEO.
- GKP(Google Keyword Planner): It is free and can help you find new ideas, understand, competition, and suggest other related topic for your site to target. This tool can also provide the historical statistics as well as traffic forecasts for how they might perform in the future.
- Moz Keyword Explorer: offers keyword recommendations and detailed clickstream data.
- Ubersuggest: gives you huge lists of data and content.
- Ahrefs: is another popular tool that gives high quality keyword data and more ideas on Backlink profile of sites.
- Semrush: is a highly regarded tool in the SEO community that proivdes plenty of advanced keyword options.
The above-mentioned tools help to research awesome keywords for your site. You’ve seen the keyword research tools but before researching your keywords, you should know about some keywords categories. Most of the people in SEO or even myself divide keywords into three main categories; head eg:(futsal), body eg:(futsal shoes), and the long tail:(best futsal shoes).
I think, by now, you know pretty much everything there is to know about keyword research. So, just start researching until you’ve got some confidence to do it, you’ll master it by only practicing it.
After the Keywords Research, a backlink is the second step, which I have learned in these past months while doing SEO. Backlink is the link on web page, which is directed to your website. The word “backlink” is mostly used in the world of Search Engine Optimization. Those who have recently started a website often understand the term “backlink”.
Backlinks also help on ranking your site but keep in mind it is not the number of backlinks which matters, but rather the quality of backlinks.
Here are some ways to get backlinks :
- submitting guest post to other blogs.
- commenting on do follow blogs and make sure the blogs are relevant to your own blogs.
- starting relevant threads in forums and link to your site.
- Interlink between your internal pages to get link juice from one page to another.
- submitting your site to top niche directories.
- sharing your blog posts to your top social networking sites.
- submitting your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs, because google mostly loves backlinks from this sites and regards them as authority.
- creating web 2.0 authority interlink to your site, it provides powerful backlinks.
There are many ways to get backlinks but for now, these are my some ways to get backlinks. Every beginner should try this to get some backlinks to site.
On-Page Optimization is the initial step to improve your website rank position in search engines. On-page optimization refers to the fact that marketers have control over many factors, through coding on your page to place relevent keywords and meta tags, that have effects on your web page listing.
When the On-page SEO is done correctly, it has some major impacts on your site’s ranking.
All on-page optimizations that affect your website/web pages are listed below:
- Title tags: It is one of the components of on-page SEO. The title tag appears on the Internet browser, the SERPs(Search Engine Result Pages) and external websites.
- Meta tags: It is a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. It can be used to supply information to all sorts of clients.
- Meta description: It is known as short descriptions, they are nothing but a content which we give for describing particular product or page for attracting the viewers to click-on and automatically redirect to that page for finding more information on what they are looking for.
- Meta keywords tag: It is used to targeting and listing the keywords using keywords tag for search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
- Heading tags: It used to give heading for your content to the page/products/services. There are H1-H6 header tags to differentiate the headings and subheadings.
- Image optimization: Optimizing your images so that they get ranked in the search engines.
- Link building: Link building is one of the tactice used in seo helps in increasing the search engine ranking. Links should be relevant to the topic that which increases the traffic to the website.
- Anchor text: Anchor text is the clickable text in a hyperlink. They are a crucial part of SEO and strongly impact your search engine ranking.
Closing it by :
The world of SEO is complex, but most people can easily understand the basics. Even a small amount of knowledge can make a big difference. Combine this with a little practice and you are well on your way to becoming a guru. Search engine optimization is very important to any business’s success. Users rely on search engines to give them the best quality information, so make sure your business is doing what it needs to do to serve its needs.
Hopefully, I’ve helped you get a better understanding of Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and given you some tools that can help you take your online marketing to the next level.
Wish you success in all your marketing endeavors!